Upgrade your POS terminals to accept Visa contactless transactions from leading mobile payment solutions.
The Visa contactless experience
Visa contactless uses an embedded computer chip to send payment information to a secure reader at the point of sale. Users may wave their card or device within 1-2 inches of the reader to make payments.
How it works
Visa contactless payment technology lets users pay with just a wave of their card or device.
How to accept Visa contactless
There are two ways to start accepting Visa contactless transactions:
- Install integrated terminals that include the Visa-enabled reader.
- Add a peripheral Visa-enabled reader to your existing POS terminal.
Faster and more convenient electronic payments.
- Visa contactless speed, convenience and security can help boost loyalty while reducing abandonment.
- No signature is required for most transactions under US$25, for added convenience.
- Customers, on average, spend more than twice as much with Visa purchases as they do with cash payments. While the average US cash transaction is US$17, credit card purchases average US$66.1
- Improved efficiency moves checkout lines more quickly, and employees handle less cash, which in turn can lead to savings.
- Enhanced security and reduced risk of fraud.
1 Source: Visa Payment Panel Study (2Q11 – 1Q12). Visa Payment Panel Study was commissioned by Visa and has been conducted continuously since 1991 by independent research firm TNS among 20,000 respondents annually, aged 18+, and who own at least one payment card.
Q + A
Want to know more? Select any of the questions below for more detail.